- Applicable for BMW engines S85B50
- +0.001 inch size (0.025 mm) (standard clearance also available)
- Sold as complete set (10-cylinders)
When to choose +001 Bearings?
- Engine builders who want to dial in clearance 0.0005 inch at a time will
love these bearings.
- During installation, if you measured your cleaerance and were concerned
about a little "too much" clearance, these +001 bearings will help close it
up a bit.
- Very minor crankshaft damage that didn't warrant a full regrind, but
could clean up by polishing the bearing journal. If you're in that
situation, you need these bearings.
- f you prefer less extra clearance of standard BE Bearings, and also want
the superior Clevite TriArmor coating.
Designed and manufactured by Clevite to BE Bearing specifications.
These bearings replace the factory BMW rod bearings. The original BMW bearings have too little clearance, which leads to premature bearing wear and can cause early engine failure. Furthermore, the factory BMW bearings are made from tin-aluminum which are 5-times harder than a softer lead-copper bearing design. A softer bearing is better for your engine and more tolerant of foreign particles suspended in your oil.
These BE Bearings feature a state-of-the-art Clevite Tri-Metal design with the Clevite Tri-Armor(tm) coating.
- Lead-copper design for greater durability and easy tracking with oil analysis like Blackstone (recommended).
- Designed with extra clearance to "fix" the BMW rod bearing design flaw.
- Designed for use with factory 10W60 weight oils.
- Tri-Armor coated for low conditions during cold start
- Ideal for start-stop vehicles
- +0.001 inch size (0.25 mm)